1. Heat oven to 325. In large bowl (plastic or porcelain is best), whisk egg and egg yolks, set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, combine karo, sugar, heavy cream, and salt. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Cook until hot but not bubbling, about 1 min more).
3. Little by little, whisk the sugar mixture into the egg mixture, trying not to make the eggs too hot at once.
4. After stirring all of sugar mixture into egg mixture, stir in the vanilla and bourbon.
5. Transfer whole mixture to a new bowl and place in an ice water bath for about 8 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Roll out premade or homemade crust dough into pie shell. Crimp edges.
7. Place all but a 1/2 cup of the pecan pieces into bottom of the pie shell. Pour slightly cooled filling into shell.
8. Bake about 30-40 mins, until center has a little resistance. Cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Best with hand-whisked whipping cream!