1. Heat the oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and try to keep them from overlapping. Allow to brown ~3 mins and then stir. Allow to cook for additional 5 mins. Remove from pot and set aside, leaving the oil and juices in the pot.
2. Add in the onions and shallots with a pinch of salt. Sauté until very soft ~7-8 mins. Lower flame to keep from burning if necessary.
3. Once the onions are soft, add in the white wine. Once the wine has mostly evaporated, ~1 min, add in 5 cups of water and the mushrooms, and bring to a simmer.
4. In a food processor, add the cashews, miso paste and 2 cups of broth, with some mushrooms in it. Blend until extremely smooth and add back to the pot. Stir together and simmer until fully incorporated.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with croutons, cheese, dill or your favorite crunchy topping, enjoy!