1. Cook beans: wash and sort, add to big pot and cover with water, boil 2 mins. Remove from heat and let soak at least 1 hour. Even if you soak overnight, this quick boil keeps them from scouring. Do not add salt or flavoring yet. Add 1 tablespoon bacon grease or butter, a piece of slab bacon, or a seasoning ham with fat on it to keep beans from boiling over.
2. After beans properly soaked in big pot, add ham bone, water, tomato sauce, garlic salt, tabasco, and worcestershire. Cook, uncovered, over low heat.
3. In a skillet, saute ham and sausage until grease is rendered. Transfer to pot.
4. To the grease in the skillet, add celery, onion, garlic. Saute until soft. Pour into pot.
5. Add bay leaves, salt, pepper. Continue cooking for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until beans are soft and creamy. Add water while cooking if needed. Remove bay leaves, add parsley. Serve over rice.