When I was a newlywed, I lived in an apartment building with many other newlyweds. All the wives were learning to cook, and we shared our recipes and experiences. This is one of those shared recipes. When I am invited to a "pot luck" event, this is what I bring. There are never any leftovers. The woman who taught me this recipe suggested that I add or subtract ingredients from the basic recipe of bulgur wheat, tomatoes, onion, and parsley in an oil and lemon juice dressing. After all, it was the 1960s. So I did.
1. Pour boiling water over wheat and bullion in a large bowl
2. Let stand until water is absorbed
4. When water is absorbed, add vegetables and cheese
5. Stir everything until well combined
6. Mix oil and lemon juice and pour over wheat, cheese and vegetables.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste
9. Serve chilled or at room temperature